Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Orchid Swirls

As I've already mentioned, I received a number of new stamping plates for Christmas, which has put me in a stamping mood.


 The base color for this Banana Republic Orchid Blossom, a pale purple creme that tends more toward the blue end of the purple spectrum. The formula and application on this were fine. It looked a little patchy on the first coat, but leveled out nicely on the second.

On top, I stamped a full nail image from Red Angel plate RA-102 using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Bronze Ablaze. In the bottle, Bronze Ablaze looks darker and browner than it stamped, but it made a nice crisp image. I would definitely use it again to stamp on top of light colors. I'm also curious if it would look more metallic over a dark color or if it would just disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment