Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sparkling Grape

Just to let you know how behind I am, this is my Labor Day manicure. I was originally planning to go to a cookout at my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's house on Labor Day, but we decided to move it to Sunday instead due to forecasts of bad weather. Finding myself short on time, I decided to do another bright, simple manicure.


I started with a base of Color Club Gimme a Grape Big Kiss, a bright, purplish pink jelly with a grape bubble gum scent. This polish applied very smoothly and easily. It was basically opaque in two coats, although I used three due to the persistent dark stains on my nails (grumble, grumble). On my ring finger, I added one coat of Klean Color Chunky Holo Fucshia. This polish has a medium pink clear base with medium-sized holo glitter. The glitter is much more obvious if you click the picture to enlarge it.

Interestingly, while I got a little shrink on this manicure in general, it was more pronounced on my accent nails. So, based on my earlier experience, I'd say the Klean Color Chunky Holo glitters don't like my usual Out the Door top coat. However, unlike Raspberry Rush, Grape Big Kiss dried to a nice, hard shiny surface. So, while this mani isn't anything particularly special, it was fun to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment