Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Juicy Raspberry Mani

I've had a busy couple of weeks. Between having a lingering cold, a lot to do at work, and a family gathering out of town, I'm a little behind on posting. All this rushing to and fro has also meant a number of simple manicures without much nail art. Instead, I've been using some colors that pop to keep things interesting.



The primary color in this mani is Color Club Raspberry Rush, a medium, bright pink jelly with a light, fruity scent. the application on this polish was good. It went on smoothly and was easy to clean up. It looked nice and juicy after two coats, but I applied a third because I'm still growing out some stains on my nails and needed full opacity. The scent was pleasant and hung around for about two days. For my accent nail, I used an unnamed Hot Topic grass green, which was a pleasant surprise. In the bottle, it looked darker and creamier, but on the nail, it has a juicier semi-jelly texture and got brighter as it dried. Combined, these made for a nice, summery mani; however, there was one problem.


Despite going to bed a good two hours after finishing my mani with a coat of Out the Door, I woke up to this horror show of sheet marks. Since they are limited to Raspberry Rush, I assume that my top coat and polish didn't play well together.

I've been using Out the Door pretty exclusively until now, but I think it's time for me to branch out and start experimenting to find out which top coats work best for different types of polish. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

1 comment:

  1. What a combo. I LOVE the green. ♥
    New follower. Hope you follow back:
    http://feminine-art.blogspot.com/
    XX

    ReplyDelete