Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Family Camp Mani

Every year, my mother's side of the family gathers for a week in the mountains about two hours north of my hometown. Mostly due to work schedules, I always seem to end up going for only 1-2 days, but it's always nice to catch up with my various aunts, uncles, and cousins as well as my grandparents. The family sport of choice is croquet, but I couldn't come up with a way to work that into nail art. Maybe next year. Instead, I decided to go with something that would look nice, but be soft enough not to scandalize the older folks.


I started with a base of China Glaze Tree Hugger, which is a medium grass green polish with a little bit of a yellow undertone. It also has very fine green and blue shimmer. The shimmer is more apparent in the bottle than on the nail, but it's still a long way from a creme. The formula was decent and applied smoothly, but it was fairly thin on pigment and took three coats to cover some bald spots and dragging around the cuticles.


On top of Tree Hugger, I stamped the daisy pattern from Bundle Monster plate BM16 using Pearl White Konad Special Stamping Polish. This polish does exactly what it's supposed to and easily stamps nice, neat images. I finished by using a toothpick to add dots of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow to the center of each flower and a yellow rhinestone for the center of one flower on my ring finger (the gem photographed really dark, but is about the same color as the polish dots).

As you can see, I had to stamp my thumb twice to cover it. I really hope I can get the newer Bundle Monster plates at some point, since they're bigger. Other than that, I was really happy with how this turned out - nice and summery but not ridiculously bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment