Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tennessee Ladybugs Mani

Last weekend, I went to a little town outside of Nashville to celebrate my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary. I had to make it a really quick trip, but I was glad to go and celebrate with them and see some of the extended family I don't see often. I wanted to do some nail stamping, but I didn't want it to be too over the top. This manicure matched my dress and was subtle enough not to shock my great aunts.


I took this picture outside my grandparent's house in front of Granny's roses. Aren't they pretty? The base polish color is Sally Hansen Ton of Bricks, a creamy dark red with just a tiny bit of shimmer. This polish applied just fine; it was neither particularly good nor particularly tricky. You can't really see the shimmer, but it still gives it just a little sheen that makes it not quite a creme.


On top of Ton of Bricks, I stamped the ladybug image from Bundle Monster plate BM13 using my go-to black stamping polish Klean Color Black. This combination produced such sharp images that my spouse thought they were decals.

I wonder what kind of nails I'll do for MY 60th anniversary. I just have another 54 years to think up something awesome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment