Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Revlon Facets of Fuchsia

Today's polish allowed me to take a much more expensive one off my wishlist. I'm sure many of you have already seen it, but I think there's room for one more review. Before you look at the picture, I should mention that my tips and cuticles look a little beat because the picture was taken a few days into the mani. I waited because we were having some rainy weather, and I really wanted get some pictures in the sun.

 This is Revlon Facets of Fuchsia, which consists of a black jelly base with small fuchsia glitter and large hex shaped fuchsia sequins. This polish was surprisingly easy to apply and to remove. It had a great texture, neither runny nor too thick. For these pictures, I wore two coats of Facets of Fuchsia over one coat of Wet 'n' Wild Black Creme. Subsequent research has revealed that three coats of Facets of Fuchsia produces a very similar look.

For those that don't know, this polish is almost exactly identical to Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance. I wasn't sure exactly how close they were until I read this review by Jackie of Candy Coated Tips. As you'll see in her pictures and cleverly written review, the two are almost indistinguishable. The main difference is the price: Facets of Fuschia is around $4 at Target rather than $18 for the Lippmann polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment