Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Glitter Sandwich Trial Run

I've been seeing and hearing a lot about the "glitter sandwich" manicure online and in my little circle of crazy nail ladies. For this mani, you put a layer of a glitter polish better layers of a jelly polish that will let the glitter show through. I finally did my own, and I'm frankly not that crazy about the results. I consider this my first draft with more to come.


I started with two coats of Revlon Mystical from the Just Tinted collection. The whole point of this polish collection is that they are lightly pigmented, translucent jellies, so they seem perfect for the glitter sandwich. I expected the polish to be runny, but it was actually pretty thick. I didn't have any major problems with the application. It was oddly hard to clean up though (which explains the overworked look of my fingers).

Next, I added Nicole by OPI Step 2 the Beat of My Heart. This polish was a pretty big disappointment. It has a basically clear base, with plenty of tiny holo glitter and some large heart-shaped silver, pink, and purple glitter. There were plenty of hearts in the bottle, but it was almost impossible to get them out and onto the nail. I've had this problem with other large glitters, but I'd hoped this would be better since it's a higher end brand.

I finished with one more coat of Mystical. I actually really liked how the small glitter in this polish looked under Mystical, there just wasn't enough of it. I'll definitely be trying this again with a more glitter-packed polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment