Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Revlon Blue Lagoon

Surprisingly enough, I have another (mostly) unadorned polish look to share with you today. I did these nails while still recovering from the jet lag of returning from the west coast to the east coast, so I was looking for something easy and uplifting.


Revlon  Blue Lagoon is a sky blue creme base with super tiny particles of silver shimmer. I totally love this color, especially for summer. It looks like a beautiful sky, and I couldn't stop looking at my nails while I was wearing it. Unfortunately, the shimmer is only really apparent in bright, outdoor light, but when you do see it, it's gorgeous as well. This felt like such a light, cheery mani, I finished it up with a flower-shaped clear/silver rhinestone on my ring fingers.

I can't give a review of the application on this because I used a new base with it. Specifically, I used Seche Base Ridge Filling Base Coat. One of my nails was peeling a little, so I decided to use this to fill in and even things out. It worked fine for that purpose, but it seemed like it also stuck like glue to my polish, making it hard to get even coverage. I also got some bubbling that appeared 12 to 24 hours after I did my nails (you can see it a little on my middle finger). I have no way of knowing where to place the blame for that, so I'll have to wait until next time I wear this to find out. I really hope it's the base rather than the polish because I really love this color!

EDIT: Fortunately, I've since read on All Laquered Up that Blue Lagoon didn't bubble when ALU's Michelle tried it. I'm guessing that means I can officially blame the bubbling I got on the base coat. You can read the ALU review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment