Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

China Glaze Dorothy Who?

I got started doing my nails a little late last night, so I wanted a color that I was planning to wear without stamping or other embellishment. China Glaze Dorothy Who? is one I've had my eye on for a while. I've repeatedly picked it up in the beauty supply store, and then inexplicably put it back down in favor of something I wanted on an impulse. I finally got around to getting a bottle, and it fit the bill of a stand alone color for today's nails.


I absolutely LOVE the color of this polish. As you can see, it's a bright, almost electric blue. What's hard to tell from the photo is that it appears to have depth in the shades of blue as well, almost like really blue water with light shining through it. The polish is a translucent blue gel with (obviously) tons of glitter. The thick gelatinous texture of the polish made it a little hard to control, but it doesn't feel overly thick on. It was reasonably opaque after two coats, but I added a third to fully realize its crazy blue potential. I also added a coat of Out the Door fast drying top coat, which made the glitter really pop.

Brilliant blues and purples are probably my second favorite group of polishes, after shiny metallics, so this one was right up my alley. I see me wearing this one a lot this summer, since I have an awesome blue knit dress just this color.

2 comments:

  1. What happened to the crackle paint! I liked that one. This one, however, is equally cool - maybe more so because of the sparkles. Everything is better with sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I have more crackles polishes to come! I'm just spacing them out. Plus, I was in the mood for sparkles.

    ReplyDelete