Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

An Introduction

I'm an unlikely nail blogger in many ways. I've never worn make up regularly, haven't worn it at all in...I'm not sure, but definitely more than a year, and I only discovered nail polish sometime last year. However, attending Nail Night as an excuse to bond with my ladies opened my eyes to the creative possibilities of polish and nail art.

Less than a year later, I've moved my collection into a three drawer craft chest, and I find myself casually throwing around the names of specific polishes I want, searching for just-the-right shade of this or that color, and watching blogs for announcements of upcoming lines. So, I've decided it's time for a blog. I'll mostly be posting pictures of my manicures, which will include everything from plain ol' polish to stamping, jewels, and decals, oh my! When it's relevant or I feel like it, I'll also include my review of the polishes I try and maybe a little info on nail trends I'm liking.

So, I'll begin with my nails right this minute.


I love metallic nail polish most of all, I think, and this one is part of my ongoing search for the *perfect* gold. It's Finger Paints Key to My Art, and it's not quite there, but it's my favorite so far. I'd like it to be a little warmer and yellower, but it's just right in the shininess and metallic-ness categories. My problem with a lot of other golds is that they're too green or too brown, so this is the closest I've come to an absolute winner. I also like the application, as it's thick enough to be easy to control but thin enough to go on smoothly. Some people might have a problem with the slightly visible brush strokes, but that adds to the "real metal" feel for me. This picture was taken with two coats and a top coat of Out the Door (also a couple days wear, which accounts for the biggish cuticles). It dries very quickly and barely needed the top coat, but I added it anyway to improve wear.

I'm currently waiting for a bottle of China Glaze Midnight Kiss to hit my mail box. Since it appears to be the gold version of my favorite silver (Cheers to You), I'm optimistic that it may edge this one out as my favorite.

2 comments:

  1. You've got the perfect canvas! I can't wait to see more!
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new blog!!!

    ReplyDelete