Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Harlequin Mani

My original plan for this mani was to use Gold Konad Special Stamping Polish over white, but I just can't seem to get the gold to work. It just barely shows up! Very disappointing. Since that didn't work, I decided to go with the pattern I'd already selected and use black for the stamping, turning this into a Harlequin pattern.

I started with three coats Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Platinum. It definitely took three coats to level out and be opaque, but the formula was otherwise pretty good and easy to control on the nail. This polish is a pearly white with a tiny bit of shimmer. The color leans slightly toward the warm side, and looks almost a little gold-ish in indoor light. It was definitely worth the $0.25 clearance price.


I did the stamping with Kleancolor Black, which is my go-to black polish for stamping. Then, I added a little heart-shaped glue on jewel to give it a pop of color. As always with full nail patterns, I had a little trouble getting the stamp to go down all the way to the bottom of my nail bed. This doesn't seem to be an issue of size, but is about either the shape of my nails or the way I'm applying pressure. For some reason you can see it less from this angle (you can see that I smeared my stamping a little with my top coat though).


On a final note, while searching for an image that I could use as an example of this pattern, I ran across these shoes, which I LOVE despite the fact that I never wear heels.

http://www.shoeluxe.com/product-p/funtasma-harlequin-03-shoe.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment