Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Nail Night Mani - Across the Universe

The second best thing (after the great company) about nail night is getting to try out polishes I don't own. We all pile a bunch of polish on the table, peruse each others offerings, and try something different. This week, I got to try out a polish I'd only seen online, and yall, I think I'm in love with Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe.


Lissa, this beauty's owner, advised me that it takes at least three coats to get it fully opaque, so it would be good to put it over something else. I started with one thin coat of Revlon Top Speed Royal. Royal is a bright medium blue - royal blue - and is thick and easy to control. It could almost be a one coat polish, though I'd do two to make sure the color was even if I were going to wear it by itself. As the name implies, it dries very quickly. On top of Royal, I put two medium coats of Across the Universe. This polish has a dark blue, transparent, jelly base full of small light blue glitter and large, green and blue, hexagonal glitter. Due to the thick jelly texture of the base, the glitter appears to float in it. It was also easy to apply. The messiness of the application here should be attributed to me paying more attention to chatting than polishing rather than anything to do with either polish. Here's a closer picture to show the depth you can see in Across the Universe.


I finished off with two coats of Out the Door, which was enough to make it smooth and glossy. In the interest of fair warning, it did take quite a while to dry in spite of the top coat. I LOVE this polish, and I think I'm going to have to get some for my very own. 

On a final note, I know that the name of this polish is a reference to the Beatles song, but for some reason whenever I think about it Under the Milky Way by The Church pops into my head instead. So, I'll leave you with that (I couldn't actually find a video of the original version of this song, which is what's in my head, so you'll have to settle for this audio only version).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment